Cauliflower Masala ~ Version #2

I know I have been continuously writing about some moves in my life. InShaAllah, we are moving to a new flat in the coming week after Eid. We were not thinking of a move when the kids and I came back from vacation. But then as His plans may have it, HD suddenly found a flat closer to his convenience and finalized the move all of a sudden. I was actually wanting a move, however had resigned to the fact that if we don't move out of our current apartment, I would be happy with it. So what I initially wanted, Allah has given it to me as of now. I am a bit jittery of getting adjusted to the new surroundings, since the area is quite away from the town and we will need to use a vehicle to move out for every single need. Nevertheless, the one fact that I love about the place is that it is so close to a Masjid, that literally the Azaan - call for prayer - would resonate inside the house five times a day, Alhamdulillah! Our current house also had a mosque close by, but the call was not that loud. So very soon, I leave behind me almost 28 years of my life behind in that apartment - all my childhood, my ups and downs, my highs and lows and a lot of my demons into this brand new place of ours. InShaAllah, I am sincerely hoping that this will be a new start to a lot of new things in my life, though I am not being over expectant. As usual, always reminding myself of the below verse from the Qur'an:

" Man was created of haste. I will show you My signs, so do not impatiently urge Me." 
(Surah Anbiya: 37)

Off to today's recipe - cauliflower is not a vegetable I like. I wrote - not! But my B likes it. The kids and HD are so-so with it. Since B loves it, whenever I make, I make sure he eat half of the curry and the remaining half is shared between the four of us. Hehe... his favorite is always the manchurian, but somehow I don't make it that way all the time, especially since I hate the deep frying saga - I guess I have to look for buying an air fryer - pst, yes, it is in the plan of things for the future! ;) Normally, I cook my cauliflower this way, but then wanting a change, I twisted and tweaked a bit and came up with this version. Sometimes you need some variety in the serving, right? :)

Cauliflower Masala - Version #2
Serves 4


Ingredients:

1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets

For ground masala:
1 tbsp oil
2 onions, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chillies slit

For remaining:
1 tbsp oil
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp Kasuri methi powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste

Method:

Soak the cauliflower florets in hot water for 15-20 minutes. Drain.

Heat oil in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients for the ground masala and saute till soft. You can switch off the flame when you see the onions are all wilted and the tomatoes are mashed. Allow to cool and grind into a smooth paste.

In the same saucepan, heat oil. Add the coriander, turmeric and chilli and saute for a couple of minutes till the powders are fried. Add the ground paste and stir well. Add the cauliflower florets and cook on medium-low flame till done. Sprinkle the kasuri methi and garam masala and cook for another couple of minutes. Adjust the salt, switch off. Serve warm with rotis or rice.

Garnish with coriander leaves - I didn't because I didn't have it! :)

PST: Just because I am shifting and my kitchen may be inactive for some time doesn't mean my blog will go hungry... I have cooked enough to ensure that the blog is active enough.. hehe... :)

Labels: , ,