Kooka Kaachiyathu/ Arrowroot Milk ~ A Ramadan guest post for The Cooking Doctor

Today is already Ramadan 17... in the next three days, the last ten days of Ramadan will commence of which the Blessed Night will appear on one of the odd nights... the way days are going, it is so usual for us to feel that we are not taking full advantage of this blessed month. Work, home, kids, parents, and umpteen number of things to do and the feeling of guilt is always there that "I am not able to get the spiritual boost I needed". That is when my friend, Shazia, shared this beautiful article on her FB wall, and believe me, once we realize what is mentioned in there, we will be at ease. Alhamdulillah for everything that He has blessed us with... the ease, and the calmness... After all, 

"Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you." 
[Surah Baqarah 2:185]

So InShaAllah, looking forward to doing the maximum I can in the coming days... :)

This is not the first time I am appearing on Jehanne’s space. When my blog was a baby, hardly four months old, she invited me for a guest post. I can easily say that she is the first good friend that I have made through blogging and InShaAllah, wish to cherish this friendship as long as the journey goes. I have always been vocal about my friendship with her. Even though we have never met, with plans to meet never materializing thanks for the distance of space and time between us, I have always felt as though I am communicating with somebody who has known me since childhood. If blogging has made me believe in the goodness of people, then one of the first reasons is definitely Jehanne. JazakAllah Khairan dear, for having me around at your space for a second time, it does mean a lot to me, in all sense…




Trying to rack my head as to what to give Jehanne, finally I decided on something that is really very simple. Nothing much of a recipe, but loads of memories...  To catch up on the recipe and more about the post, do hope on to Jehanne's space.  

PST: As I look on the number of posts, there you go!!! It's the BST's 400th post! And what better way than to be on my bestest bloggie buddy's space... I have to say I am grinning from ear to ear... :) Unlike my other milestone posts, this is a nice quiet post... very apt for the month that we are in... a big hearty "thank you" to all who have been part of this little journey of mine. If I am still blogging and continuing with some zest, it is only because of all of you, my lovely readers... :)




Don't worry, will definitely come up with a nice long post to celebrate this little occassion of the blog very soon... do stay tuned for that! :)




Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup thin coconut milk
  • 2 tsp arrowroot powder/ kookapodi
  • A pinch of cardamom powder (optional but highly recommended)
  • A pinch of salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a thick bottomed saucepan and keep on low flame. Stir now and then till the mixture becomes boiled and starts to thicken slightly – the consistency will change from watery to glossy.
  2. Switch off and serve warm!
  3. Notes:
  4. You can make this completely out of milk alone, like how I had it at that aunty’s house. But I love the combination and flavor that milk and coconut milk gives together, so I prefer making it like this.
  5. Do not add more than 1 tsp of arrowroot powder per cup of liquid added. Arrowroot thickens and starts acting similar to corn flour and too much of it will give a “kurukku” (thick mixture) instead of “kaachiyathu”!

Labels: , , , ,