Malabar Mutton Fry

"They plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners." [Quran 8:30]

Something rings in this Aayah... that how much ever we plan, life is never going to be the way we want. Yes, to an extend it may, but 100% is out of question. While loitering my thoughts over the past six months of my life keeps reinforcing this in me... that matters which we thought would be "this" way turned out onto a totally different track. Some happenings do move you off track and make you feel lost. But the sinking in of the feeling that whatever is happening is happening as per the will of the Best Planner, does give you faith that He is definitely upto something good for you. If Allah gives something to you when you need it, He is testing you with it. If Allah takes away something from you, He is again testing you. When you repeatedly ask for something and He is not giving it to you, then there are three probabilities: either it's on its way soon, it will be given later or it will be given in the hereafter. The whole gyst is that whether we have the patience... It is difficult to sometime pacify your mind and heart that things are going to turn out for good but ultimately, Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286). I found this really soothing article here which I would definitely want to refer to whenever I feel that I am losing my grip... would be help for all of my friends out there as well... :)

I guess I leave my heavy talks aside and concentrate on that mouthwatering bowl of mutton fry... again something not frequently made but when made, is devoured with elan... I don't want to talk much and simply make myself even more hungry... maybe just go ahead with the recipe... hehe...

Malabar Mutton Fry
Serves 3


Ingredients:

500 gm mutton pieces, cleaned and drained
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp fennel powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 sprig curry leaves

Method:

Add ingredients from mutton to salt in a pressure cooker. Cook for three whistles on high flame, and then five minutes on low flame. Switch off and allow the pressure to go by itself. 

In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil. Briefly fry the curry leaves. Add the mutton along with the stock and cook on high flame, stirring continuously till the mutton is coated with the masala. 

Serve warm with rotis, chapathis or rice! 

Labels: , , , , ,