Chocolate Orange Mug Cake

Starting from where I left yesterday, my typical Ramadan day starts from 45 minutes before the prayer of Fajr. I warm some milk for me and B, and make tea for umma, D and HD. Our meal is mostly nenthranpazham (Kerala plantain), digestive biscuits or maybe milk bread to go with it, followed by some dates and a couple of glasses of water. If I was in a good mood the previous day, I do make a quick mild cake to avoid the bread. After prayers and some Quran recitation, I doze off for sometime, before waking up to rush for work. Thankfully, work timings are only 6 hours so that means we can start our travel back home earlier, however with all offices leaving at the same time, the drive on the roads could go upto one and a half hour, which is literally really tiring considering the killer combination of the blazing sun and the blaring car a/c! Once home and upon completion of Zuhr prayer, I ensure to take a nap for an hour so that I am charged up for the remaining day. Once Asr prayers is done, I recite the Quran till an hour before Iftar time. Iftar is usually two plates full of fruits - apple, banana, orange, grapes, watermelon, sweet melon, etc. etc., along with dates, water, maybe some juice and tharikanji. I avoid frying as much as possible and in case if the men show a mood, then I may whip up a quick pinjiyappam or ullivada, something that can be done in around 15 to 20 minutes. Once Iftar is done and we have a cup of strong tea, then I go ahead and make dinner which is just like normal days, a curry and chapathi or pathiri or likewise. I ensure that I finish off before Isha prayers so that I don't miss out on the special Tharaweeh prayers, which I normally pray at home thanks to my little one who loves to run around the masjid rather than sit in one place! The men have their dinner after Tharaweeh and sometimes, D wants to have matta rice with ghee and mysore banana, which is a specialty in our place specially during Ramadan. Going for very light food most of the time is the essence of the true spirit of Ramadan, so that it does not come in the way of taking full advantage of the actual importance of this blessed month.

Off to another mug cake... I guess my regular readers know how much I love this selfish indulgence. This is another of those that I relished thoroughly. I love chocolate cakes with an orange flavor, even chocolate with orange, just like the Lindt Intense Orange! Unfortunately, I have not baked a chocolate orange cake till date, I don't know whether it is because I didn't get a chance. Somehow, though I have wanted to bake, haven't been able to. So let me pacify myself now with this delicious chocolate orange mug cake and definitely a rich chocolate orange cake will be on the radar, when the time comes... :) 

Chocolate Orange Mug Cake
Serves 1


Ingredients:

4 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp oil
A few orange peels for garnish

Method:

Mix the dry ingredients well. Add all the wet ingredients n mix without lumps. Pour into a microwavable mug or ramekin. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Enjoy garnished with some orange peels!!!


Labels: , , , ,