CWS Rice December 2013 - Event Round-up


Rice is great if you are really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something 
- Mitch Hedberg

First of all, let me thank Priyakka for allowing me to host the  CWS Rice Event  for the month of December! A hearty thank you to all of those who have whole-heartedly participated in this event! 

Since rice is one grain that is so unavoidable as far as our Indian palates are concerned, I was overwhelmed by the responses I received. Next time, I go blank as to what to cook for lunch or if I crave for a rice dish for dinner, I am sure I would come back to this page of mine to refer to the lovely recipe ideas provided by all of you!!! I am just wondering how I am going to control my hunger pangs while I complete this round up - I know, it needs a lot of control!!!

I got 64 blogger entries as well as one non-blogger entry, which will be appended at the end. 

First off to the blogger entries, one by one:

1. Sharon from Everyday Indian contributed with Mutton Biriyani and Kichidi


2. Resna's Tasty Home provided us with Fried Chicken Biriyani - Thalassery Style, Malabar Coconut Rice, Jeera Rice and Malabar Meen Choru/ Fish Rice.


3. Rashida's Inherited Recipes contributed with Mutton Dalcha - Pune Style.


4. My Experiments with Food chipped in with Crispy Rice Cakes.


5. Aara's Sweets & Spices contributed White Khichdi, Sambar Rice Hotel Style, Masoor Dal Pulao, and Mirani Khichdi.

6. Rekha from FoodOlicious Pictured brought over her Thai Curried Fried Rice.


7. My Spicy Kitchen chipped in with Vegetable Pulao in Pressure Cooker.

Vegetable Rice, Pilaf, Vegetable Pulav, Blogging Marathon, Pressure Cooker Recipe, One Pot Meal

8. Paru's Samayal contributed with a mind-boggling 25 entries (I hope I counted it right!!!): Brown Rice Pilaf, Mushroom Biriyani, Paruppu Saadam, Peas Pulao, Rajma Biriyani, Vegetable Biriyani, Pudina Rice Jeera Rice, Methi Pulao, Instant Biriyani, P3 Pulao, Raw Mango Rice, Puliyogare, Coconut Rice, Vangi Bath, Potato Rice, Lemon Rice, Beetroot Rice, Egg Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Layered Chicken Biriyani, Prawn Biriyani, Mutton Dum Biriyani, Rice Pakodas, and Broccolli Rice



Oh wow!!! I'm totally gone after compiling all these yummy dishes up, feels like I've had lunch for the whole month! Thank you so much Paru for this zesty participation, highly appreciated!!! :)

9. Partha's Rhapsody chipped in Vegetable Pulao.

10. Sindhoora's Kitchen bought along Chicken Biriyani.



11. Smitha from Cook with smile contributed Kodubale/ Crispy Rice Ring Snack, and Neerdosa

kodbale,kodubale recipe,kodbale recipeneeru dose,paan polo,soyi polo,instant rice crepes

12. Shruti of Cooking with SJ chipped in with Chola Pulao, Mexican Style Fried Rice, Paneer Fried Rice, Potato Biriyani, and Lebanese Lentil Rice.

chhola pulaoIMG_7020paneer fried ricePotato Biryani

13. Sangeetha Senthil contributed with White Rice Pakoda, and Maavilaku. (recipes in Tamil)



14. Pocket Full of Spice bought along Egg Pulao/ Pilaf.



15. Chef Mirelle chipped in with Caramel Parsi Rice.

Parsee Rice

16. Haffa's Kitchen contributed Boiled Rice with Green Lentils, Gajar Ki Kheer, Aaloo Mattar (Potato Peas) Biriyani, Mutton Biriyani, and Beef Pulao.

boiled rice, Gram lentil, Kebabs (Shami kebab), Ice berg SaladGajar ki kheer | Desserts | sweets| Milk| sUGAR| cARROT PUDDINGRice| Chawal| Peas| Matar| Tahiri| Aalo| Biryani| Taheeri| Chicken| Murghi| Shami kababRice| Chawal| Biryani| Mutton| Mutton RiceRice, beef palao, mutton palao, pilau

17. My Magic Pan chipped in with Jeera Rice.

comingup

18. Me in Blog Land bought along Mexican Fried Rice, Vegeterian Nasi Goreng, and Egg Biriyani.



19. Flavors I Luv contributed with Erachi Choru/ Meat Rice.



20. Yummily Yours bought in a unique appetizer called Arancini.

BAKED/FRIED ARANCINI | ITALIAN RICE BALLS

21. And me myself, chipped in with my rice post for December, Palakkadan Biriyani.

.

22. As for the non-blogger entry who participated, the recipe was contributed by Faheema... thank you so much dear for your whole-hearted participation. She has been a regular on this blog and I am so happy to be having her on my space one more time! :)

*********************************************************************************
Hi Rafee itha,
        
         How r u?...Its me,Faheema Abdulkader. When i saw ur event 'cooking with rice',it seems interesting to me.Rice is a stable food for most of the people.I think its difficult to avoid rice.
     
     I am sharing a recipe of mixed fried rice; a combination of rice with veg and non-veg...I tastes this fried rice in one of the famous restaurant in dubai...It tastes awesome...i tried this recipe more times,me and my husband likes very much...Here is my mom's version of it...Do try it...Here is the recipe

MIXED FRIED RICE

Ingredients:

1. Prawns - 6 or 7 no.s
2. Boneless chkn - 1/4 cup
3. Boneless beef - 1/4 cup ( I didn't use beef,as my hubby dislike it)
4. Eggs - 2 no.s
5. Green peas - 1/2 cup
6. Thinly sliced carrot - 1/2 cup
7.Thinly sliced potato - 1 cup
8.Thinly sliced beans - 1/2 cup
9. Chopped Green capsicum - half of one capsicum
10. Maggi/knor cubes - 2 ( any flavour)
11. spring onion - white - 1 1/2 tsp
12. spring onion - Green - few for garnishing
13. Basmati Rice - 3 cups
14.soya sauce - 2 tsp
15.salt - to taste
16.chopped garlic - 2 tsp
17.pepper powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp

Marination:

marinate beef,chicken and prawns with 1/2 tsp turmeric ,1/2 tsp pepper pdr and salt for 5 to 10 mins.

Method:

Make scrambled eggs with 1/4 tsp pepper pdr and salt and keep aside. If using beef,pressure cook it for  4 whistles till cooked ( Don't discard the water of cooked beef,reserve it for stock).Boil marinated prawns and chicken with one cup of water till cooked.Don't overcook the prawns otherwise it turns rubbery.Reserve the water (used for boiling prawns and chicken) for stock.Cut the prawns into half and cut the chicken and beef into small pieces and keep aside

Soak the basmati rice for 30 mins and drain the water.Heat a deep pan.Measure the stock ( i got 1 cup stock) and add a 5 cups of water in a deep pan and let it boil.Add maggi/knor cubes till it dissolve completely.Add a soaked rice and close the lid,turn into medium flame and  let it cook till the water evaporates( i prefer this method of cooking rice as i dislike draining method).Now turn into low flame and slowly turn the rice with a large spoon and cook for 2 or 3 mins.Off the flame and keep aside.


Heat the big deep pan,add oil and fry the  vegetables at high flame for 3 to 4 mins.Take care not to burn the vegetables and keep aside. In the same oil,add chopped garlic and saute for 2 mins.Then add chopped spring onion -whites and saute. Add pepper powder,salt and soya sauce and saute again. Add prawns,chicken,beef and vegetables and saute again.Add the half of the rice into it and saute and add half of scrambled eggs and saute again. Again add remaining rice and scrambled eggs and saute again.Garnish the top of rice with spring onion-greens and chopped capsicum.Close the lid and keep on very low flame for 5 mins.Off the flame and serve hot.Serve with any other side dish of your choice like chilly chicken, chicken manjurian etc...


*********************************************************************************

Oh wow!!! What a wide array, right??? I am sure to refer to some of these to make them for my biriyani-pulao crazy family. Hope you all liked the round-up... :)

Labels: , ,