Muhallabieh: Rose Water flavored cream pudding - My 15th guest post for Nandoos Kitchen

Let me start off this post by thanking Lisha for writing to me for a guest post. I apologize that I was not able to give it at a time when she asked for, but I had to make sure that it was as soon as I could. Nandoos Kitchen is a blog that I have started following very recently and love the zest with which she blogs, especially undertaking the blogging marathon on a very regular basis, despite being a new blogger.

Having lived in UAE for my whole life, I have a special liking towards Arabic food. At any time, I would prefer the Arabic mix grill over the masala dosa or tandoori chicken. Same is the case of sweets. I love their range of sweets, which is however very calorific as compared to our Indian sweets, as most of it are literally drenched in sweet syrup. That doesn’t mean that they do not have any simple desserts as such. What I thought I would share with Lisa is a pudding called Muhallabieh, which is basically a cream pudding, thickened with corn flour with a tinge of rosewater. I used to order this each time we visited an Arabic restaurant, till I found the recipe in a magazine and was amazed at the ease of making it at home!  


To read the recipe, do hop onto Lisha's page here. Hope you like the post... :)




Muhallabieh
Serves 4 - 6
Ingredients:

800 ml milk
325 gm cream
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp rose water
Pistachios for garnish


Method:

 Mix the corn flour into ½ cup of milk to a thick paste, without lumps and set aside.

In a thick bottomed saucepan or a non-stick pan, combine the remaining milk, cream and sugar and bring to the mixture to boil. As soon as you start seeing bubbles on the side, pour in the corn flour paste and continuously whisk till well incorporated and the mixture starts to thicken. Add the rose water and combine well and cook on low flame for hardly 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.

Pour into serving bowls, allow to cool completely. Keep it in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours or till ready to serve. Serve chilled with pistachios garnished on the top.


Labels: , ,