Mint Black Tea/ Pudina Sulaimani

It's been long since I have posted a quote on the blog, I suppose. I wasn't doing it mainly because I always had something or the other to rant about in every post of mine! Only when I face a dearth of subjects do I go to quotes for solace! :) Today, though I have loads of words and ideas flinging in my mind, the ambiance and the mood is missing. Aren't there times when you have quite a bit to express but then what comes out is so little? I am in a similar situation now and during these times, I really don't enjoy bragging. So there you go, the quote for today:

Quite thought provoking... it is a very important yet difficult trait to develop. Many of us tend to panic and break down in difficult situations and I am no different. There were times when I have felt helpless, so desperate to seek solutions to matters that I know that I will not get instant relief, but still I have tried to see if I could do something and despaired. Not anymore, Alhamdulillah. It takes a lot of matters to reach that stage - a shift in your thought process, a change in your circumstances, a direction from the Almighty himself...

After having posted a heavy duty biriyani yesterday, I thought of posting something that goes so well after a meal of biriyani. Don't we all feel sleepy as soon as we are done with a heavy meal? We all do, or at least I do! Most of the time at home, we always settle for a cup of hot black tea to settle down the uneasiness. If the tea has a tinge of mint, then the process will be much faster. Just sharing with you today my take on black tea with mint...

Mint Black Tea/ Pudina Sulaimani
Serves 2


Ingredients:

2 cups fresh water
1/2 tsp tea powder
1 sprig mint leaves
Sweetener of your choice

Method:

Pour the water into your tea saucepan and bring to boil. As soon as you start seeing bubbles on the side, add in the tea powder along with the cleaned mint leaves. Once boiled, switch off the flame and leave the tea for a couple of minutes for the mint to seep in.

Sieve and serve in your cups or glasses, sweetened with sugar or honey, as required! Seriously good for settling down any tummy heaviness... :)

Notes:

The lightness/ darkness of the tea is all upto you. I prefer a mid color, as when tea gets dark, it tends to be bitter in taste.

Labels: , , , ,