Tuna Mayo Sandwich

Feeling so glad to be back on my space for some days!!! I am so glad that despite being out of action, the blog has been active more than my expectation! A heartfelt thank you to all who have come this way to show your support! It definitely does matter... :)

Serene...
We are on a marathon country wide visit I should say... and I am seriously enjoying it! Not a single day passes without going out. Having taken leave from work for a few days to spend time with my family, I really love the break-neck speed at the way days are moving. Even though I keep missing being on the blog, the way my days are scheduled does not give me much of a breather. The amount of photographs I am taking is also madenning. How much ever you use your DSLR, there are some moments best captured through your mobile phone. Such a photograph taken at a spur of the moment was this - an empty swing that faced towards the corniche. The climate that day was really cool. Almost closing in on sunset time, with a lovely breeze... but unfortunately that swing was empty. I felt as though the swing was calling for someone to come sit on it. There were hardly any visitors around and I was in a rush along with my family members. Even though I didn't go and sit on it, I did ensure I pull out my phone and click it. Each time I look at the pic, I get a very earie feeling. I guess I am just building it up... hehe... What do you feel? Doesn't that swing seem to be calling out to sit? :)

Leaving all my talk aside, today I thought of sharing a very simple recipe, which is like a little saver especially when you have guests coming home. This sandwich can be prepared in a jiffy without much hard work and the taste is just too good. I always keep tuna handy for those lazy days and this sandwich was created to replicate the taste of the tuna mayo sandwiches that we get from petrol stations across over here. No hard work at all, just some mixing up of ingredients, clubbing into slices of bread and having it warm!!!!

Tuna Mayo Sandwich
Serves 6



Ingredients:
2 x 170 gm can tuna flakes, drained
3 tbsp corn kernels
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
12-14 bread slices

Method:

Heat a saucepan and add in the drained tuna flakes. Saute it till the tuna becomes dry. Switch off and allow to cool. Add in the corn kernels, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well until incorporated. 

Spread the mixture into two slices of bread and continue till done. Toast them in your sandwich maker till done. Serve warm as a tea time snack, as is or with ketchup and chilli sauce!


Labels: , ,