Be My Guest - Russian Kebabs

I am glad the way the "Be My Guest" series is moving. What I started as a forum to invite my favorite bloggers has now reached heights that I could never imagine. I really get positive vibes when I receive emails from fellow bloggers asking if they could do a guest post for me, and definitely, I would say a "yes"! Anytime!!! We all are blessed with different capabilities in food making and I feel that this is a good way of sharing and knowing each others strengths and trying to reconcile each other's weaknesses, isn't it? :) I have learned a lot by just sharing other's recipes and I feel so happy that many of you out there really love and wait for the upcoming guest posts... :)

Today I have a fellow Dubai-an who will be featuring to do the guest post. Let me welcome Tazeen, who blogs at Simply Life. A little blog which does recipes, restaurant reviews and tips. When she emailed me with her interest to guest post, I went back with an affirmative. What she has bought for us are some tantalizing Russian Kebabs. All you guys need to do is get your mug of tea or coffee and be ready to drool... ;) Over to you, Tazeen...



Hello everyone,

Firstly, I am so grateful to Rafeeda that she welcomed me to her blog warm heartedly. How I got to know her? I joined a community called Indian Food Bloggers, and posted few of my recipes there, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a notification that read "Rafeeda AR +1'd your post", I went through her entire profile and I was sure I have to learn alot from her. Somehow I built up my courage and emailed her, least expecting even a Hi, but here I am on her blog doing a guest post!!!!

About me, My name is Tazeen Abaji, I am just a new blogger presently residing in Dubai, my blog is called "Simply Life”, and it speaks all about restaurant reviews, recipes and also beauty tips and product reviews.  I got married a year ago, and now enjoying being a homemaker .Why I love cooking, is all because of my mom, she used to be the best cook in our family, and all her magical taste is kind of inherited by me. I enjoy cooking and receiving appreciation, and I am happiest when the food I serve comes back empty plate. But seriously, I had no idea I could feature here on The Big Sweet Tooth. Thanks again !!!

Today I am sharing with you a recipe whose name I never understood, where it came from, but its taste comes from heaven. You all must have had it many times in parties as a starter, and we all do end up grabbing another one, did you guess it right?

Russian Kebabs!!! 

Seriously do you find any relation between Russia and Kebabs? I must add, it's a simple recipe tantalizing your taste buds. So, let’s move forward with the Recipe.

Russian Kebabs
Makes 20-30 Kebabs
  
Ingredients:
Boiled and shredded chicken (400 gms)
Boiled and mashed potatoes (2 medium)
Finely chopped Capsicum, Carrot (1 small bowl each)
Ginger garlic paste (2tspn)
Green chilli paste (3tspn)
Egg (1)
Sevai crushed 
Black pepper powder (2tspn)
Salt to taste

Method:

1.Mix all the above ingredients except the egg and the sevai in a mixing bowl.The mixture should be even, with all veggies and spices mixed well with the potaoes and chicken.
2. Now make patties out of this mixture.
3. Beat the egg and add a pinch of salt to it.Also, place the crushed sevai in a plate.
4. Now dip the patty in the egg coating it well,and then place it on the sevai plate,again coating the patty with sevai.
5.Once, all your patties are nicely coated,heat oil for shallow fry in a pan.Fry the patties until brown on medium flame.
6. Serve with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce mixed with mayonnaise.

Note:
1. The coated patties have to be kept aside for 10 minutes before frying, to avoid the sevai from burning too much giving a bitter flavour.
2, Don't make the patties too thin as it might break out while frying, and don't make them too thick otherwise you will get more of tenderness rather than crispiness.

I hope you like this recipe!


Crunchy yum...

Hope you guys loved the post. I am feeling like grabbing those kebabs from the screen... :) Tazeen is taking a little break from her blog baby but hope to see you soon back in action, dear... 

Have a lovely weekend, all of you... :)

Labels: , ,