Choco Custard Pudding

Finally I start my holidays! Albiet short and with loads of work to complete, I still feel that it is one of the best things I have done in recent past. Time to catch up some sleep, be with the kids, forget about cooking (ahem ahem!!!) and the best thing - forget about work!!! I'm just avoiding myself from getting extra excited, I feel it's better for days to go on as it is without exerting myself too much, because more than anything, I really want to relax.. :)

Sometimes, it's inspirations that make you go ahead and do something. When I saw this on Manju's space, I had to make it. I didn't go to her recipe as per say, but just pulled out the ingredients in my pantry and went ahead with making it. If you are looking for a hassle free make-ahead dessert when you have loads of guests coming, then this is definitely one! I've already previously posted a trifle pudding, which is one of my favorites and accepted hands-down when I have a huge number of guests. This is number 2 in my list. The only reason why I never made it for a large crowd is not everybody loves chocolate. That kind of pulls me down in considering this. But then if it's just for us, who cares? The flavors are just too good!!!

Choco Custard Pudding
Serves 6-8


Ingredients:

100 gm marie biscuit (I used Mc Vities)
100 ml warm water
2 tsp coffee powder
500 ml milk
3 heaped tbsp custard powder
3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar (as per taste)
1 cup whipped cream
2-3 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp Dulce de leche, melted in the microwave for 30-45 seconds (optional)

Method:

Spread the biscuits at the base of your pudding dish. Mix the coffee powder with the warm water to make a coffee concoction. Spread this evenly on the biscuit base, apart from a couple of spoons. Set aside.

Mix the milk, custard powder, cocoa powder and sugar into a lumpless mixture. Bring to boil on low flame and cook till the mixture thickens. Allow to cool. Pour this on top of the biscuit base and spread to level.

Whip the cream along with the icing sugar and the remaining spoonfuls of coffee concoction till peaks and spread this on top of the chocolate custard. Decorate with the DDL in a pattern that you like! Cover with cling film and allow to set for at least a couple of hours or till you are ready to devour!!!

Want a serving?? :)
Notes:

Instead of DDL, you can melt some nutella and make the pattern as well. How to do the above pattern? I guess most of you know, but for those who don't, and since this was the first time I tried it, let me try to explain. Drop the DDL in different spots on top of the whipped cream. Take a toothpick and pull to spread the drops in order to form the web shape. Do it with all the drops and join them to form the shape.

I hope I have been able to explain it properly!!! :)

Labels: , ,