Eggless Mango Chocolate Marble Cake

I started off the day seeing this quote, let me share it with all of you:

"Everyday seems to be the same, but when you turn back, all days are different and things have changed." - Anonymous

Think about it... Isn't it so true? Something that we never tend to realize...

As you are all aware, I am a part of the Home Baker's Challenge group which is the brainchild of Priya Suresh akka of Priya's Versatile Recipes. Last month's challenge was Pizza hosted by Divya's Culinary Journey, for which I made the Chicken Nuggets Vegetable Pizza and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

So when the next challenge came up from Sangeetha Vijay of Spicy Treats, I was so excited. She suggested two versions of a very different marble cake, where instead of the vanilla layer, we make a mango layer, and she gave options that were with egg-butter and without egg-butter. Now that's what you call a treat!!! I am currently on a baking ban and I just didn't know how I would accommodate the challenge in, even though my can of Alphonso mango pulp was sneaked in a couple of weeks back! Sangee was lovely enough to keep her link open till June 20 and so I was hell bent on preparing it somehow. So this Saturday, when the whole house was asleep in the afternoon, I sneaked out of my room, closed all the doors and got in to the kitchen. And yes, made it!!! When umma woke up, she could smell cake and there she went, "Again you baked a cake?" Hehe...

Needless to say, the cake was wiped out in no time. We all enjoyed it. I, as usual brought some for my colleagues and they loved it too. Thank you so much Sangee for this yummy challenge. Like many in the group, I too enjoyed it! :)

Eggless Mango Chocolate Marble Cake
Made one 8 inch Bundt cake


Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup mango pulp
1/2 cup milk

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.

In a bowl, mix the oil and sugar well. Add in all the wet ingredients and combine well. Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and combine till no lumps. 

Combine the cocoa powder with a little water into a smooth paste. Take half the mango batter and mix the cocoa into it. Pour the mango batter into the prepared bundt at the bottom and the cocoa batter on the top. Tap to level the batter or use a spatula to level. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or till done.

Notes:

1. You can layer the batter as per convenience. I just layered it one on top of the other as I didn't have any patience!
2. The sugar was just enough, not too high and not too low. If you need more, add more. 
3. You may add chocochips and nuts to the recipe. I actually wanted to put some chocochips before layering the batter but I conveniently forgot!!!
4. Even though the original recipe says that the batter wont rise much, my cake rose to almost double!

Labels: , , , , , ,