Aloo Tikki/ Potato Cutlets

Aren't there days when laziness creeps in? I am really passing through that phase. Even though I feel I am relaxed, I actually amn't. All days seem to be running in a frenzy. Work, home, housework, kids.... then back to the same circle the next day. It's maddening at the same time scary as well...

Rasha's exams are finally over - what a relief! But then the next havoc starts - summer vacations!!! I've to now hunt down a summer camp so that she keeps herself busy in the mornings and does not lead my umma onto the walls along with Azza!!! Hehe... Two is REALLY a crowd at my place... I guess that should be the case where there are kids. After all, there should be some noise where kids are there, otherwise what's the fun?? :)

I guess the recipe I will post today will be perfect fodder to my lazy condition. I love to make these, especially when I know I don't want to make dinner. Most of the time, I do the mixing and dipping and store in the fridge in an air-tight container to fry. Even making it then and there is also quite easy. Goes well with bread and chappathi, but then who wants any accompaniments for cutlets!!! Dip into ketchup and keep eating... hehe... :)

Aloo Tikki/ Potato Cutlets
Makes 10


Ingredients:

3 meduim potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp chopped chilli
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chaat masala
Salt to taste
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup bread crumbs (more if required)
Oil to fry

Method:

Dump in all the ingredients from potatoes to salt and mix well. Check seasoning and adjust. Roll small portions into round shape, nicely dip in egg and sparingly quote with bread crumbs. Set aside. Complete the whole mixture till done.

Heat oil in a fry pan. When the oil become very hot, fry the tikkis till the outside becomes golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel.

Serve warm with ketchup or chilli sauce. Yum!!!

Labels: , ,