Double Coconut Pudding - My 3rd guest post for "The Cooking Doctor"

I am so excited today. I hope you understood that from the header itself. During a casual chat on FB, Jehanne asked me if I could do a guest post for her, as it would be like a recess for her blog. A recess, and that too with my guest post??? I was kind of embarassed. I consider her pictures first class, whatever said and done. This was so well evident in the guest post she had done for me a few weeks back and many of you have gone back to her page to see more of it as well. But she insisted I do one for her.

I had made this double coconut pudding for my colleagues some time ago and it was an instant hit. The double flavoring of the coconut milk and the tender coconut water coupled up with the cream and condensed milk gave it a beautiful taste. I used agar-agar to set the dish. First it was a total goof up, and then I went around and made it into a successful dessert. If you want to know more of the story - don't I love story telling??? :) - and the recipe itself, hop onto Jehanne's space.


There was one thing I hadn't put in the post - taking the pictures were just so stressful. I had Rasha ready to dip her hand to take the tutti-frutti and Azza continuously pushing her hand to grab the spoon. I didn't know whether to control the camera or to shoo them off. I somehow managed to take whatever I could. Most of the time, I hide and take the pictures, but sometimes, can't help it!!! :)

Thank you so much Jehanne for being so supportive and for featuring me on your blog. I only pray that our little friendship grows onto become one for the lifetime!!!

Double Coconut Pudding
Serves 5 (depending on the size of the mould)
Ingredients:
500 ml tender coconut water
400 ml coconut milk
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1 packet (125 gm) cream
10 gm agar-agar strands (china grass)
200 ml water
A pinch of salt
Sugar, if needed
Method:
Soak the agar-agar strands in water for 15-20 minutes till soft. Combine the tender coconut water, coconut milk, condensed milk, cream and salt and mix till smooth. Bring to heat, on very low flame. Meanwhile, transfer the soaked agar-agar with water into another saucepan and bring to heat. Stir occasionally both pans and cook till the agar-agar is melted. Do not boil the coconut milk mixture, just keep it on very low flame.
Once the agar-agar is melted, pour it into the coconut milk mixture and continue stirring it till well combined and the agar-agar is completely melted into the mixture. Check for sweetness and add sugar if needed. Switch off the heat, pour it into moulds and allow cooling. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a couple of hours till set.
To serve, flip it onto a plate and serve cold with tutti-frutti and coconut slices.
Notes:
1.     I didn’t use any sugar, so the dessert was mildly sweet. Add sugar if you want.
2.     If cream scares you, omit it! But the cream gave it a really nice texture.
3.     You can substitute the agar-agar with gelatin, if required.

Here are my other two guest posts that I had done -

Kichadi for Cooking with Thas
Baked Chicken Kerala Style for Love to Cook Malaysia.

Labels: , , ,