Chicken Nuggets Vegetable Pizza

I am so glad to be a part of the Home Bakers Challenge, started by Priya Suresh akka of Priya's Versatile Recipe. The time I saw the announcement, I knew I had to be a part of it. The main intention is to give a challenge every month, which has to be completed within the stipulated period and posted within the due date. This month's challenge is hosted by Divya Prakash of Divya's Culinary Journey and the theme was pizza.

Pizza has been on my to-do list, ever since I got the oven last year. But as usual, with a lot of things, I've been procrastinating like mad - later, later, later... My Rasha always complained, "Ummi, you have been promising pizza and nothing's happening!!!" So when the challenge was up, I was the happiest person. Finally, I would go ahead and make my word to her a reality for the sake of this challenge.

The whole process was really fun. I enjoyed doing the base, the tomato sauce and the toppings, which I thought was quite too overloaded, but then for a family like mine, who require heavy dinners, it was OK. Hehe... Thank you so much Divya for this challenge, if it was not for you, I guess it would have been a still-pending promise!!!! :)

Chicken Nuggets and Vegetable Pizza
Makes 1 large pizza


 Step 1: For the pizza dough:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup warm water
2 tsp active yeast
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp olive oil

Method:

Let's start with the pizza dough. Mix the yeast into the warm water and keep aside. Add the flour and the olive oil into a large bowl and rub in the oil. Pour in the yeast mixture and start kneading. I added another 1/2 cup water approximately to get the dough together. Knead for atleast 5 minutes. Rub sufficient olive oil in the bowl and keep the dough in it, covered for 1 hour or till it doubles in size. 

Step 2: For pizza sauce

Ingredients:

1 large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, ripe, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp oregano
A pinch of black pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Method:

Heat a saucepan. Add the olive oil and let it heat. Add the tomatoes and all the ingredients and cook continuously on low flame till the tomatoes get all smashed up and becomes in the form of a sauce. If the mixture starts sticking to the pan, add little water till there is no sign of tomato pieces at all. It took me around 30 minutes. Keep aside to cool. 

Step 3: For topping and assembling

My overloaded pizza... :)
Ingredients:

10 pcs chicken nuggets, chopped
1 small capsicum, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
10-15 olives, slit
1 small onion, chopped
Mozarella cheese, as required

Method:

Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Nicely oil your pizza pan.

Punch the dough and transfer it to the pizza pan. Slowly, with your hands, stretch the dough to cover the pizza pan completely. Now spread the tomato sauce on the base. Sprinkle all the other ingredients from nuggets to onion randomly to cover the base. Finally top with grated mozarella cheese till the top portion is covered. 

Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes till the crust is done and the cheese melts. Serve warm!!!

U can see, I'd served HUGE slices!!!! Hehe...

Now comes the fun part, after serving a big slice of pizza to Rasha, she very conveniently pulled out all the veggies - I admire the way she took it out from all that cheese!!! -, placed it neatly on the side of her plate and had the "remaining" pizza. Azza loved all that greens that were so beautifully assembled that she ate that up once "thaatha" was done with her eating. So much so for my kids!!! :)

Labels: , , ,