Chicken Pakoda

I guess I am suffering again from a blocked head today. I am not able to think much as to what to write. It's already month end and in the next few hours, we will move onto the next month. Time is flying at maddening speed. But sometimes, you really need to sit back and ponder on how things are going on and how you want them to be...

I love the times when you can sit with stretched legs on a sofa, with a cup of hot tea, with no noise or disturbances in the background (read - sleeping kids!), allowing your mind to wander through sweet nothings and munching on some pakodas while sipping that chai. Nothing like it... When we go home for our summer vacations, and when it pours there, I love doing this in the front sit-out  watching the rain pour and enjoying the lovely breeze that accompanies it. Yes, I am a person who enjoys the climate - I hate summers, but if the day is to my liking, then it really affects my mood. :)

OK, so for that hot cup of chai, this chicken pakoda is perfect fodder. Have it warm and nothing beats the feeling of deja'vu that you get!!!

Chicken Pakoda



Ingredients:

250 gm boneless chicken, cut into bite sized peices
To marinate:
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
For the rest:
1-1/4 cup besan flour
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 large onions, sliced thinly
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
2 tbsp chopped curry leaves
3 green chillies, chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp chilli flakes
Oil for frying

Method:

Marinate the chicken with the "To marinate" ingredients for minimum 1/2 an hour. The more you keep, the more tastier it becomes!!!

Add all the remaining ingredients except the oil into the chicken and mix well to form a thick batter. You may use little water, if you find it too dry. Adjust salt accordingly. 

Heat oil in a kadai. When it is hot, drop spoonfuls of the mixture and fry on meduim-low heat till light brown in color. Drain on kitchen towel and serve for your evening chai!!!

Seriously, I don't like that picture on the top. After taking so many clicks, there was one that I really thought was good. When I was sorting out the pictures, I found that all were deleted except this. When I inquired with my HD, he said, "Isn't that a good picture? I deleted the rest!!!" I didn't know what to tell him. I know my pictures are not first class, but still when I thought it was good... Hmm...

Labels: , ,