Scrambled Eggs

Last night was not as bad as I thought. I had to take the metro and bus to go back home and by the time I reached, I was literally dead. But then, when my elder one was browsing through her cartoon channels, there came "Finding Nemo" on Disney Channel. Nobody else was there to disturb - umma and uppa had gone for their walks, B was studying and HD was as usual busy with work. So we three cuddled up and watched the movie, with live running commentary from my little one, who is a number one chatterbox!!! :) She's just two, but speaks quite a bit and by experience, I know that in couple of years, she's going to be a silent cat!!! Had some awesome time. I really believe that if there is a category of people who can grate on your nerves so much that you would want to go to the dungeon but still love them without any boundaries, then it's your children!!! :)
Image: Google

Coming to today's recipe - I am one egg person. When I get bored, I boil an egg and eat. If I am really in a good mood, then it's bull's eye. But then when I am in an elaborate mood, then my thing is scrambled eggs!!! This was one recipe that my umma used to cook every Friday or public holidays for all of us when we were in school. Nobody knows the reason why she suddenly stopped making it. Recently, I asked her and she was blank. She said, "I just stopped, that's it!!!" That's how blunt my umma is! :)

My HD also being an egg person (one thing we have pathil pathu porutham - matching 10/10!!! Hehe...) loves to have his eggs this way. On a very lazy weekend morning, scrambled eggs are absolute comfort food. Couple it up with plain or buttered toasts and a glass of orange juice or a cup of hot tea/ coffee, that is what I call the perfect blissful breakfast!!! :)

Scrambled Eggs
Serves 2

My favorite breakfast... Any day!!!

Ingredients:

1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
3 eggs
Salt and pepper for seasoning

Method:

Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds. Once done add the onion and tomatoes and cook on low flame stirring occasionally, till the tomatoes and smashed and onion looks cooked. Break the eggs in, sprinkle salt and pepper and continuously stir it till the egg gets scrambled and mixed with the onion and tomato. Cook for a couple of minutes and switch off the flame.

Serve hot with toast and juice/ tea!!! I literally go on an overdose of pepper on this one - eggs and pepper are one mighty combination!!! :)

Labels: , ,