Mini Sausage Rolls

Before I start today's post, I want to thank somebody profusely. Somebody, who in my eyes, is a very seasoned blogger, who puts up meals and pictures that looks like it is from a five star home, but with all it, is very humble and simple. I had already thanked her when I received my first Leibster, but let me thank her again. Jehanne, you have been really kind. I am a small blogger, having nothing much spectacular on my blog, but she makes me feel otherwise. This lovely lady is now going to be the author of a cookbook series, and isn't she excited! She went on to post about it on her blog, with a little mention about me, which left me short of words!!! She had names of seasoned, I mean, really seasoned bloggers, who get thousands of hits everyday and posts extra ordinary recipe, and there she puts my name as one of her supports. Jehanne, I am humbled. All I can say is may the Almighty make you reach the heights that you have always craved for, InShaAllah!!! And that I say from a deep heart... :)

I used to be very scared when it comes to doing anything with yeast. But when it came to being a hard core cook, somebody who really got the confidence in me was Suhaina, who blogs at My Singaporean Kitchen. She was sweet enough to reply back to my email in detail, as to how to handle with yeast. Even though, I am not 100%, but I know I can handle it at least the way it should be.

This is a yummy mini-snack, for your kid's lunch pack or for your afternoon chai time... really soft and yummy....

Mini Sausage Rolls
Makes 18 - Serves 6
Recipe: My Singaporean Kitchen


Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup lukewarm water
4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
18 pcs mini sausages
Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
1 egg, for wash

Method:

Add all the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add the water slowly and knead to make it a pliable dough. Give it a final knead by adding the olive oil. Set aside for 1 hour, till it rises to double its size. Meanwhile, prepare your roasting pan/ pizza pan with parchment paper.

Punch down the air and knead again. Divide it into 18 small balls. Take one boll, roll it to a rod shape and then cover each sausage with the dough till well covered. The link shows the rolling in detail. Line it up on the prepared pan, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, and rest it for one more hour.

Before...
After!!!
During the last 10 minutes, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Beat the egg slightly with a spoon and brush it over each roll. Bake the rolls at 180 degrees for the first 10 minutes and then at 160 degrees for 15 minutes, or till well done. Cool on a wire rack and then, enjoy!!!

Notes:

1. You can make these with normal sausages, which will give you approximately 10 of them.
2. Instead of olive oil, you can use butter as well, as mentioned in Suhaina's recipe. I've used butter before and both seem to give the same effect.
3. If you don't want to brush with egg, you can use milk as well. However, it won't give you a glace.
4. You can bake it at the same temperature for 20 minutes. My oven is quite strange, and that's why I have changed the temperature and baked it for longer!

 Linking this post to Bon Vivant #13 - Kids Delight hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites


Labels: , , , ,