Chicken Mushroom Stir Fry

Let me start today with a quote I found online, which is so self-explanatory.

Does it sound familiar? It does, isn't it. I guess that's the best way to find out where our interest lies in. When things were looking on the downslide, a new thing in the form of this little baby blog of mine came by and I am so overwhelmed with the responses that I get from all of you guys. Seriously, it makes me going. After having mentioned about the interview yesterday, my colleague came to view my blog and he told me that I write exactly the same way I talk, and he named it "the Raf touch"!!! :) Somehow, I do not know to write with a lot of prose. But I love to type what I just feel and simply cannot camouflage it very effectively, I guess! :)

Coming to today's recipe - it's straightforward Chinese. One thing lovely about their cuisine is that they use such limited ingredients but the taste that comes from it is amazing. It was a lazy night, after coming back from work. I had a tiny packet of boneless chicken in the fridge and a packet of mushroom, crying out to me to be used before it rots. I set out searching for a recipe and found this lovely recipe. I really wondered, there's hardly going into it, how would it taste. Believe me, the aroma while cooking it was itself awesome, I just couldn't wait to have it. I served it with some dinner rolls and it was lovely. Thought of sharing it with you all - when you feel very lazy to cook something elaborate, that is! :)

Chicken Mushroom Stir Fry
Serves 3
 Recipe adapted from here

Slightly a bit dark... :(


Ingredients:

1 large chicken breast, cut into small peices (approx 200 gm)
3 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 packet (250 gm) mushrooms
3 pods garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp oil

Method:

Marinate the chicken in the soya sauce, cornflour and sugar. Cut the mushroom into thin peices. Heat half the oil in the saucepan. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, till it looks cooked. Remove the chicken into a dish.

Heat the remaining oil. Saute the garlic in the oil till a lovely aroma spreads in your kitchen (WOW!!!). Now put in the mushrooms along with the salt and pepper and saute on high heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken back and saute for a couple of minutes till the flavors are mixed in well. Serve warm.

Linking this to the Flavors of the World - China, hosted by Julie of Erivum Puliyum...

Labels: , , ,